The Declaration of MY Independence

My own accounts and adventures of trying to make it in the "real world" after college. "The single girl's guide to surviving on her own"....OK so it will probably turn out to be a "what not to do guide"......

Thursday, June 14, 2007

There's About To Be a.....Dog Fight!

Need I reiterate my fear of dogs again? Yesterday was no good.

My poor CaydenPants got his face chewed on yesterday by our neighbors dog. My neighbors have a wooden fence, and when I took Cayden out to pee yesterday, he decided to try to make friends with the dog next door (a German Shepherd Lab mix) by sticking his head through the fence. Bad idea.

The neighbor's dog grabbed Cayden by the head and shook him through the fence for about 5 seconds before I was even able to do something about. Miraculously, as soon as I screamed at the other dog he let go, and Cayden proceeded to run around my backyard shrieking in pain, which seriously broke my heart. The only commical part of this was me trying to catch him. Imagine to yourself a plus sized girl in high heels trying to catch her pint sized dog who is running and screaming around the yard. As soon as I caught him one of my neighbors came barreling out of the house.

He felt so bad about Cayden, that I actually started feeling bad for him. He put some doggy neosporin on my creature and offered to pay any vet bills if I had to take him. I thanked him and told him that I wasn't upset, and that it wasn't like HE bit my dog, because then we would be having some problems. His dog clearly didn't appreciate Cayden trying to come onto his territory.

Luckily, besides him being totally wigged the fuck out, Cayden is OK. He has a scratch by his nose and under his chin, but besides that he's fine. I think I'm going to ask them if they would mind putting some chicken wire up along side the fence to solve the problem.

I'm just glad all of this happened BEFORE my therapy session!

4 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

no offense to your dog, but I think he learned his lesson. The chicken wire might be completely unnecessary.

Since I started fostering dogs, there have been many-a-dogfight in my house, though most have come out unscathed. The best is when they try to mess with the cat and she bops them right on the nose!

11:36 AM  
Blogger j.sterling said...

good god. i'm just glad your dog is okay

6:07 PM  
Blogger teahouse said...

Ooooh, dogfight. Is that as good as a catfight?

9:03 PM  
Blogger Meghan (The Declaration of MY Independence) said...

I think I would have to say that catfights are much better. More action :)

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home