The Declaration of MY Independence

My own accounts and adventures of trying to make it in the "real world" after college. "The single girl's guide to surviving on her own"....OK so it will probably turn out to be a "what not to do guide"......

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Nightcap

Last Saturday, after a couple hours of drinking for free at a bar, Boyfriend brought me and OCR back to the house. Needless to say, I was quite a bit intoxicated. This is the point where I decided to entertain my whole street with my interpretation of the song "New York, New York."

I set up my own personal stage in my front yard. At this point, Boyfriend quickly made his exit to inside the house, and OCR watched from her balcony seats, aka my front porch.

My after hours show did not disappoint. I started my own dance line, minus the uh, other 15 people that should have been in it with me. I kicked my legs and belted out the song at the top of my lungs, while OCR egged me on and the neighbors cringed in horror.

Then came the finale.

As I sang, OK screamed, "Its up to you, New York, Neeewwww Yoooorrrrk!", my legs swept out right from under me, my arms flew up in the air, and i landed ass first onto my front lawn.

But I never missed a note. I did not want to disappoint my fans, OK fan.

I laid in my front yard, curled up in the fetal position, laughing so hard I could barely breathe, until OCR came down off the "balcony" to help me up.

We kept laughing for 15 minutes after that.

Finally we went into the house and I yelled to Boyfriend at a decibel that only dogs could hear, "DID YOU SEE ME? I WAS SINGING THAT SONG TO YOU, AND THEN I FELL!" To that Boyfriend answered, "I'm shocked." And then he took me up to bed to prevent me from another accident where I could crack my head open or obtain a compound fracture of some sort.

2 Comments:

Blogger Virginia Belle said...

and you didn't get it on film??? i'm disappointed.

you are a riot, girl. i don't even know the lyrics to that song!

10:16 AM  
Blogger Meghan (The Declaration of MY Independence) said...

You know whats really funny? The only reason I know the words to that song is because I was obsessed with the movie "Gremlins 2, The New Batch." Do you remember the gremlin that was genetically enhanced so he could talk? He sang that song and I remembered every. single. word.

9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home