The Declaration of MY Independence

My own accounts and adventures of trying to make it in the "real world" after college. "The single girl's guide to surviving on her own"....OK so it will probably turn out to be a "what not to do guide"......

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Repeat Offenders

Honestly I don't know what it is with me. Everywhere I go that requires a "service act" Charlie Brown's Rain Cloud seems to follow me everywhere. I have come to the conclusion that it is absolutely impossible for me to get good service anywhere I go, and I feel that now I must accept that.

Recently I started to take a stand at this bad service rain cloud that has been hovering over my head. I have complained to management, written e-mails, and tried to ruin MANY reputations along the way. The result? Coupons that bring me back to this fine establishments only to have the same bad service inflicted upon me once again. I'm really starting to think I have the worst luck in the entire world.

So why would getting my car fixed prove to be any different? Here is the latest story.

People that park in the streets of Rankin are complete cretins. I'm pretty sure they sit inside their row houses just waiting for me to walk away from my car so they can do something bad to it. One time I had a scratch all the way down the driver's side of my car, obviously from some piece of trash who recently discovered that keys could do some serious damages to other people's personal property. I wouldn't be surprised if that poor excuse for a human being tried to use it as a weapon next. The latest incident was a huge dent left in the front of my car from someone who smashed into it and was nice enough not to leave a note. My own personal belief is that they had no idea how to read or write, let alone have any type of car insurance.

So Tuesday night I go to drop my car off at the auto body shop I have grown oh-so accustomed to. I park my car where the owner told me to and dropped my keys in the key drop box on the side of the garage. I then jump in Boyfriend's car and am merrily on my way to go have dinner with Mom.

I felt as though I did everything right. Parked my car in said spot? Check! Label envelope correctly? Check! Drop keys in appropriate drop box? Check, check, mother f'in check! So imagine my delight when I got a call from said auto body place asking me where my car was. The conversation went a little like this:

Dumb Chick: Hello Meghan, this is Auto Body Place. We were calling you to see when you would be able to drop your car off. You were supposed to drop it off Tuesday night so we could have started the work on it yesterday. When would you be able to bring it in?

**Side Note: Why did they call me TODAY? Shouldn't they have noticed the missing car yesterday and called then? Ya, I don't know either.**

Me: Ummm, its there. I dropped it off on Tuesday night.

Dumb Chick: Oh it is? We never received the keys.

**At this point I start to panic because you know, I think someone stole my fucking car.**

Me: Well could you PLEASE go outside and look to see if its there so I know that no one STOLE it!!!!!

Dumb Chick (in a dazed kind of voice): Please hold. [hooolllllldddddddinnnnnnggggggg] Oh yes Meghan, its here. Sometimes the keys fall behind things in the drop box. Sorry about that.

And that was that. My main concern is that obviously this drop box is a problem. This has happened before. I can't even begin to imagine all the heart attacks this place has given out to its unsuspecting victims. I was seriously contemplating taking my car back, but I was sure the next place would screw me as well, if not harder.

The moral of the story kids? If you want any type of bad service, come out with me sometime! Never get waited on, get a wrong order, or better yet - not get your order at all, and if you want your car to disappear and then reappear out of thin air, I guess I'm good for that too.

2 Comments:

Blogger Virginia Belle said...

uck. don't even get me started on car repairs. :P

9:34 AM  
Blogger Meghan (The Declaration of MY Independence) said...

So is your car working now?

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home