The Declaration of MY Independence

My own accounts and adventures of trying to make it in the "real world" after college. "The single girl's guide to surviving on her own"....OK so it will probably turn out to be a "what not to do guide"......

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Mom and Me

Most conversations that I have with my mother crack me up mostly because they don't make any sense. Here are some that we have had over the holiday and I promise you more to come in the near future

THE IPOD

Mom: I want one of those ipods for Christmas.

*side note - mom is technologically retarded*

Me: Do you have a program on your computer that can download the songs for you?

Mom: No, but you do.

Me: See, now this is why I don't want to buy you one, you have to do this yourself.

Mom: I don't see why this is such a big deal, I only want a couple songs!

Me: .......

Me: Do you actually even know what an ipod is?

THE IPOD PART II
Mom: I've changed my mind, I want an ipod, but with a radio on it.
Me: Again, do you really know what an ipod is?
THE APPETIZER OF DEATH
Me: Go ahead FC, pick the appetizer you want and I promise you I'll eat it (duh).
FC: OK lets get the spinach and cheese dip.
Me: Good choice!
FC: Oh I didn't see they had fried macaroni and cheese....let's get that!
Me: Even better!
Waitress: Can I take your order?
Me: Yes, can I have a Diet Coke and can I also put in an appetizer order for the fried mac and cheese?
Mom: YOUR NOT GETTING THE SPINACH AND CHEESE DIP!?!?!?
*she is yelling at me at this point if you didn't quite catch that*
Me: No, but we can change it back if you want.
Mom: Why? I wasn't going to eat any of it.
THE CELL PHONE SHE'LL NEVER LEARN HOW TO WORK
Mom: I want one of those Razor Cell Phones.
Me: I don't think you need that.
Mom: I want it for Christmas.
Me: OK, do you want it from your current wireless carrier, or do you want to switch?
Mom: No, I just want the phone.
Me: Well you need to get it from somewhere.
Mom: No you don't.
Me: If I just buy it, it will be hundreds of dollars.
Mom: So? Don't you think I'm worth it?

1 Comments:

Blogger Virginia Belle said...

OMG your mom is hilarious. she has no idea what it is, but she wants it. i love that.

8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home